What is the Best Skin Tightening Treatment? | Beauty Tips and Information
Find out more about aesthetic clinic singapore
How Much Does Laser Face Treatment Cost? Benefits, Info and Guide. As we age, there are noticeable changes in our skin but that doesn’t mean we have to leave it that way. Our skin naturally sags, and fine lines start to show up. Thanks to the continuous development of cosmetic technology, women and even men can now keep their skin healthy and young-looking.
There are so many options to choose from when it comes to skin tightening treatment. However, you need to remember that what’s best for others might not be right for you. In this article, you’ll learn helpful general beauty tips and information focusing on skin firming.
You’ll learn topics about the skin tightening procedure, non-surgical option, lasers in cosmetic surgery, ultrasound therapy, natural ways on how you can tighten sagging skin without cosmetic surgery, etc. As you read on, it will give you an insight on skin firming and somehow help you decide on which one is best for you.
Different Types of Firming Treatments
Lax and sagging skin on your body and face can be tightened by your dermatologist and plastic surgeons and usually without having to use the scalpel most of the time. Here is a list of firming treatments that might work for you:
- Radiofrequency energy for neck and jowls – it heats up the collagen under the surface of your skin making it contract and naturally create more collagen.
- Radiofrequency for body – an alternative for people who are not qualified for liposuction.
- Ultrasound energy – also known as Ultherapy, it firms skin using sound waves to increase collagen that are stored under the surface of the skin.
- Microneedling combined with multiple technologies – example: it starts with microneedling and then added with radiofrequency energy and laser light. After the procedure, skin becomes more radiant and tighter.
- Surgical – plastic surgery is very effective when it comes to tummy tuck, arm lift or lower body lift for those who have excess skin after immense weight loss and childbirth.
- Spillover – both coolsculpting and Kybella produces skin firming of the chin area but these procedures are mainly for volume fat reduction.
What is the Best Skin Tightening Treatment? – Skin Tightening Procedure
The procedure varies with the type of skin tightening treatment you’ve chosen. Let’s still use the list above and get a little idea on their corresponding processes.
- Radiofrequency energy for neck and jowls – a tiny puncture is needed to have access on the deeper level of the skin. The skin is tightened from inside out and outside in; it is sandwiched between two wands. On top of the skin is the first wand while the other is underneath, and it liquefies the fat; this process is called radiofrequency assisted lipolysis.
- Radiofrequency for body – is done with local anesthesia, no scars, but more than a quarter-inch incision needs to be done wherein the straw passes through the skin.
- Ultrasound energy – it can penetrate at various depths depending on how the energy is focused. More heat can be acquired without burning the skin’s inside because it can go deeper and skip the superficial layer of the skin.
- Microneedling combined with multiple technologies – it utilizes a robotic motor, pushing the needles gently into the person’s skin. There is precise control, complete comfort and no downtime.
- Surgical – recoveries are longer, general anesthesia is required, and scars may be visible.
- Spillover – Kybella injections slowly melt away unwanted fats. Coolsculpting on the other hand, will freeze the fat cells to death.
What is the Best Skin Tightening Treatment? – Non-surgical Option
Non-surgical firming methods use target energy wherein deeper layers of your skin are heated up, stimulating the production of collagen and elastin, which will slowly improve skin texture and tone. Here are some non-surgical options and facts that might interest you:
- Ultrasound or Ultherapy:
- It treats chin, brow, chest and neck – FDA cleared.
- A good choice for patients who want to treat early signs of face and neck aging.
- 30-90-minute treatment, no downtime.
- Temporary discomfort during the procedure.
- Typical side effects include bruising, temporary redness and numbness.
- Visible results within 2-3 months and may last for 12 months with good skin-care routine at home.
- It treats neck, face, body and hands – FDA cleared.
- No downtime.
- A little to no discomfort and may be done in-office.
- Mostly safe for all types of skin.
- Some of its process are “subdermal” and may need a tiny incision using a local anesthesia.
- The results may be visible slowly over how many months following treatment.
- For optimal results, it is recommended to get a series of two to six treatments.
- Radiofrequency and Intense Pulse Light Combination:
- Little to no downtime and may be done in-office.
- Little to no discomfort.
- As the skin produces new collagen, results gradually appears.
- For optimal results, series of treatments may be needed.
- Darker and tanned skin may not be suitable to undergo IPL treatments.
Lasers in Cosmetic Surgery: Is it Right For You?
The use of laser is a very controlled process, it vaporizes the facial skin’s superficial layers. It can remove wrinkles, lines that were caused by facial expression and sun damage, creases and folds around the mouth and nose, acne scars and benign and precancerous superficial growths.
However, lasers can’t rejuvenate the skin on the other parts of the body. It also can’t remove sagging jowls, treatment lift nor smoothen out sagging skin of the neck. Such conditions usually respond using the traditional surgical methods.
Is Laser resurfacing right for you? Not all are guaranteed candidate for laser resurfacing procedure. If you have very sensitive skin, you cannot tolerate lubricants and medications that will be used on the skin during the healing period.
Darker-skinned individuals may not be candidates too because laser treatment changes the skin’s color unpredictably and dramatically.
You need to be mentally prepared for this kind of procedure (resurfacing) because if you’re not, and you expect instant results, then you are not a qualified candidate. There will be swelling and bruising. You will experience an oozy, crusty scabbed, bruised raw-appearing face; you can’t expect an unflawed skin. However, there will be improvement over time. A rigorous after-care is needed – cleanings, lubricant, numerous changing of dressings.
There are risks and temporary complications such as prolonged redness of your skin, easy flushing, tenderness and hyperpigmentation. There may be permanent and more serious risks such as lightening of the skin or hypopigmentation and when a surgeon goes too deep and creates an injury wherein the skin won’t be able to repair.
Only dermatologists and plastic surgeons best understands surgery of the skin and its overall anatomy. Remember to ask the right questions and to research before you decide on choosing your doctor.
Lasers Guide: Common Questions and Answers
Check out the common questions by patients but are answered by professionals:
Q1: Which lasers combat redness and stimulate skin evenness?
A1: Laser Therapy is the most effective method in reducing facial redness. Conditions vary, which is why it should be treated differently. An expert dermatologist can identify the parameters and approaches to treat the different targets.
Q2: What methods are best for firming and fighting sagging?
A2: Techniques available today are effective at different reasons such as laser, ultrasound, radiofrequency, Botox and filler injections. These methods have become popular and exciting, which is why it’s hard to pinpoint which one is the best for firming and sagging. A proper evaluation from an expert dermatologist is highly recommended.
Q3: Dark spots – What is the best treatment for it?
A3: When the spots show up; the best treatment is laser, no doubt about that. It has two main categories: fractional resurfacing layers and pigment specific layers. It needs proper planning because even with makeup, it will still show that you’ve had yourself laser-treated.
Ultrasound Therapy: Are You a Candidate for this Tightening Option?
Ultherapy is cleared by the FDA as the only non-invasive treatment for lifting the skin on the chin, neck and brow. And it can also improve wrinkles and lines.
This is the checklist to be a candidate for this method:
- Has a degree of laxity to the point of often feeling or looking less firm.
- 30 years old and older.
- Mild to moderate skin laxity.
- Those who want facial lifting but aren’t mentally, physically or financially ready for surgery.
- Those who want to do it for aesthetic maintenance option.
Proper evaluation should be done by your dermatologist first to know if you are fit for this method.
Natural Ways To Tighten Sagging Skin Without Cosmetic Surgery
Sagging is natural side effect of aging. If you want to do it naturally, here are some tips:
- Have a workout regimen such as cardio, muscle-building and weight training.
- Feed your body with the right amount of protein and amino acids.
- Moisturize your skin using skin-firming lotions that has vitamin C, aloe vera, hyaluronic acid, vitamin A and vitamin E.
- Remove dead skin cells by exfoliating regularly.
- Get a good massage.
- Always hydrate yourself by drinking at least 6 to 8 glasses of water a day.
- Avoid too much UV exposure. Apply sun screen.
- Do home remedies such as natural strawberry mask.
- Apply aloe vera on your body and even your face.
- Massage olive oil unto your neck, body and face.
Skin Firming Procedure: When Is The Right Time To Do It?
The recommended age is 30 years old and above that have visible lines and sagging. This is a good option for women who gave birth with excessive skin or fats and individuals who have sagging skin due to tremendous weight loss.
There are also people who are doing it in advance and not waiting for the lines to show up and making it as part of their skin-care routine maintenance.
The right time is when you are ready physically, emotionally and of course financially.
How Long Do I Need To Do the Procedure?
Depending on the skin tightening treatment you availed, your clinician, expert dermatologist or surgeon will be recommending a series of courses within a certain span of time. It may take weeks or months, and the results are not quick too. You need to be patient in order to see the changes. However, if you need a quicker and also an effective fix, you’ll have to go under the knife or surgery.
Healthsprings Laser and Aesthetic Clinic For Your Firming Needs
Healthsprings is one of Singapore-based clinics offering aesthetic services. And we stand to what we believe, “You can’t reverse your age, but you can decide how you want to age.”
Almost 20 years in the industry, you know you’re in good hands.
Healthsprings Branches and Contact
Address: 541 Orchard Road, #11-01 Liat Towers Singapore, Singapore 238881
Address:5 Sengkang Square, #02-01, Sengkang MRT Station Singapore 545062.
Address:524A Jelapang Road, #02-01/02, Greenridge Shopping Centre, Singapore 671524.
Call us: +65 6836 8386